Pages

14 October, 2012

Hallway Romance

walking past you
a thousand times,
I've never seen your face.
until
I waken to this consciousness.

you never leave,
you're always there.
I meet you
and the awkwardness
seems mirrored,
in the start and jump,
flustered hand gestures we make.
your eyes meet mine,
holding them infinitely,
shunning them at the same time.
intensity surges and
in silence you go your way,
and I mine.

perhaps you feel this consciousness,
I feel you feel it - 
this I can't explain,
I cannot say why this is so.

you do not speak
except,
when you do, I am there
and not where we were before and
I feel a split-second connection -
something there,
our tentative feelings seem to meet,
entwine in midair -
collapsing as we try to bridge the gap
you and I cannot recognise -
yet,

you stare and I stare back.
and we look away.

2002
©eleanor clark

No comments:

Post a Comment